Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 8 in Review (April 25 - May 1)


My week has ended up not as bike-tastic as I would have liked for how nice the weather is, but I suppose life kinda gets in the way of that sometimes.  However, I did bike a few places this week, including one trip around FDR Park.  This trip gave me the inspiration for a bike ride I took on Friday that I have yet to post (but will very shortly).  While on this ride I ended up biking from Pattison to Washington Square up 7th street and found that it was quite diverse.  After you get past the sports complex and into south Philly neighborhoods, the blocks tended to waver between being majority Hispanic and majority Asian, and then bam you hit Bella Vista and it’s White.  So taking this idea I decided to bike up the entire length of 5th Street, from Oregon to the northern border of the city, Cheltenham.  Stay tuned b/c there are lots of pictures and thoughts on the matter.  However below are the three miscellaneous rides I’ve taken:


Routes
Miles
Minutes
Speed
Calories Burned
3
22.5
99
13.61
1,178

I’m going to cheat and show the buffer map before I actually show the route map/blog post for my 5th Street ride.  However with this ride, I’ve biked through 12.83% of the city or if you do it by neighborhoods, 89 of Philly’s 138 neighborhoods,


I also updated the Geographic Analysis page

No comments:

Post a Comment